Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer II-Systems Test - Top Secret Security Clearance (or Equivalent) Required (660868) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace's Albuquerque office, located near Kirtland Air Force Base NM, is a key provider of quick response technology assessments to the Office of the Secretary of Defense, US Air Force, and the Air Force Research Laboratory Space Vehicles directorate. Our multi-discipline staff provides a broad range of engineering and technical services, including technology demonstrations and assessments, laboratory and field experiments, and integrated research and analyses. We are seeking additional qualified engineers and analysts to join our technology assessment oriented organization.
Engineer II – Systems Test
This position involves support to a Department of Defense (DoD) activity for one or more projects that involve review of a technology or concept.
What you’ll do:
- End to end activities from planning, executing, analysis and reporting on test activities. Testing will be done mostly on site.
- Attend planning meetings to coordinate testing activities and schedules.
- Attend technical meetings to assist in test scope and methodology decisions. Adhere to military service and Department of Defense policies and statutes concerning T&E.;
- Work independently or as part of a team to develop test methodologies, scenarios, and data collection plans to ensure test adequacy.
- Lead the execution of test events. Analyze and evaluate test data. Prepare recommendations and participate in discussions to evaluate and determine adequacy of designs.
- Produce test reports in accordance with established organizational standards.
- Produce and give briefings/presentations on test results.
- Consolidate results of tests performed by other analyst/engineers; integrate and organize these results into a complete and polished report on an ongoing basis.
- Periodically conduct research for new or existing technologies.
- Manage the periodic maintenance of the test equipment.
- Work together with other engineers to determine appropriate test methodologies.
- Determine need for new test equipment, provide comprehensive specifications, and assist in their procurement.
- Essential job duties include a 40 hour work week and the flexibility to perform as much as 20 additional hours in some weeks to accommodate travel and/or field test requirements. Travel to and from Ball facilities is occasionally required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering, Science or a related technical field, plus 5 or more years of related experience.
- A current Top Secret or “Q” clearance is required.
- Good self-motivation and strong desire to learn new technology.
- Ability to hit the ground running with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work independently or with a team, handle the stress of multiple projects, changing schedules, and short suspense tasking.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are desired.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly understand new technology, resolve complex problems, overcome human and technical obstacles, and achieve positive results. Ball employees are frequently the subject matter experts that others depend upon for answers.
- Ability to lead a team when required or work as a data collector when necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Experience working with multi-level classified information systems in a secure office environment.
- Military experience and/or work experience in DoD Combined or Joint Service environments a plus.
- Background and experience in radio frequency (RF) concepts, principles, operational issues, testing, etc.
- Knowledge of LabView and other Windows Programming a plus.
- Although cost/budget and schedule are typically pre-defined for each assessment activity assigned, this position will require the ability to remain cognizant of these constraints, while still able to deliver services on time, and within available budget.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Engineer II-Systems Test - Top Secret Security Clearance (or Equivalent) Required (660868)
Job ID: 660868
Location: NM - Albuquerque
Full/Part Time: Full-Time