Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Director of Quality in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our approximately 18,700 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball's largest business is the manufacture of recyclable beverage cans and ends. A lot of engineering and technology goes into making beverage packaging at speeds of more than 2,000 cans a minute. We operate beverage can facilities in the Americas, Europe and Asia - about one in every four beverage cans in the world is made by Ball - and our products are used by the most recognizable beverage brands in the world.
Ball is a Lean/SixSigma environment – exposure to these tools and methods is preferred.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Directs and is responsible for the manufacturing quality assurance function. Ensures the manufacturing quality assurance function meets BPNCA’s overall plans and objectives.
- Provides overall direction to the graphics services, lab services, and quality services functions.
- Responsible for providing effective quality engineering support and consulting to plants, group, suppliers, and customers.
- Directs, ensures, and facilitates the effective customer equipment service support and consulting provided to plant, group, suppliers, and customers.
- Responsible for the establishment, implementation, and maintenance of an effective quality assurance system including the quality manual.
- Establishes and oversees the implementation and maintenance of an effective total quality management system.
- Ensures and facilitates departmental teamwork and cooperation.
- Leads and drives departmental planning, organization, and effectiveness.
- Directs, ensures, and facilitates effective communication, customer service, and relationships.
- Responsible for the effective measurement of quality performance, including claims, cost of quality, and process capability in the department, plants, and groups.
- Functions as the group liaison with customers, suppliers, government agencies, and others as required, regarding quality issues.
- Directs and ensures periodic assessments of group location quality systems.
- Oversees the review of product specification and contract proposals with plants, suppliers, customers, and others as required.
- Responsible for the effective evaluation of new products, materials, and/or processes.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 6 years minimum
- Working knowledge of the following areas: manufacturing quality assurance principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures, generally accepted managerial practices and procedures, total quality management, quality engineering, statistical process control, customer service, Ball processes or related processes, ISO9000 series, and MCO quality standards.
- Ability to use and facilitate statistical process control techniques.
- Ability to identify, plan, and implement quality assurance systems.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to make recommendations.
*50% travel *
Relocation for this position is Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Director of Quality
Job ID: 661676
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time