Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Director, Tax Administration & Compliance in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high-quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our approximately 18,700 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball Corporation is headquartered at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Broomfield, Colo., where skiing, mountain biking, hiking, climbing and other outdoor sports are world-renowned. Around the world, we have operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
The Director, Tax Administration and Compliance will be responsible for management of the Company's income tax accounting, reporting and forecasting processes. This includes US federal and state income tax compliance as well as calculation of quarterly and annual income tax provisions under ASC 740, and related external tax reporting.
- Coordinates, manages, and prepares tax-related financial statement reporting, including quarterly and annual income tax provision calculations, deferred tax analysis, reserves for uncertain tax positions, footnote disclosures and tax account reconciliations.
- Manages all US federal, state and local income and franchise tax compliance matters, including US reporting for all foreign entities, to ensure timely filing of complete and accurate tax returns.
- Oversees the Company's US tax personnel and departments. Provides appropriate professional development opportunities for the US tax staff and ensures they receive timely and accurate performance assessments.
- Manages US federal and state tax audit activity, including active engagement with external tax auditors and governmental agencies, as well as outside tax consultants as appropriate.
- Works closely with business management to minimize US federal, state and local income taxes as well as other related non-income taxes while continuing to operate the business in a manner consistent with its broader (non-tax) objectives.
- Advises management of the impact of proposed and newly-enacted US federal and state tax laws, decisions, regulations and rulings, and manages any implementation efforts required by these changes as well as any tax-related changes to accounting guidance.
- Analyzes the facts and circumstances of significant transactions and directs or performs research as needed to ensure proper compliance with US federal and state tax rules and regulations.
- Maintains responsibility for computation of quarterly income tax estimates, annual return extension calculations and authorization of related cash tax payments.
- Ensures that SOX 404 processes are followed, proper documentation is prepared and tested and controls are continually monitored and modified as needed.
- Develops a culture of continuous improvement with a goal of creating best-in-class processes for tax reporting and compliance through implementation of system and process improvements.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or graduate degree level education or work-related experience.
- Job related experience for 10 year(s) minimum.
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: CPA.
- Comprehensive expertise in US corporate income tax law, including the ability to read, interpret, and apply tax statutes and other relevant tax authority to a variety of different business situations.
- Comprehensive understanding and the ability to apply the relevant guidance for accounting for income taxes under US GAAP.
- General understanding of financial information systems, including general ledger, consolidation, fixed asset and tax compliance/planning software.
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- US international tax compliance
- US sales and use tax law
- US Property tax law
- Foreign direct and indirect tax concepts
- Corporate finance
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships with a staff, and with business leaders, both internally and externally.
- Ability to work with a variety of constituencies, including domestic and foreign taxing authorities and outside tax professionals.
- Ability to independently conduct technical tax research; to communicate research findings and conclusions in a manner that can be understood by personnel without a similar tax technical background; and to appropriately document such findings and conclusions for future reference as needed.
- 10% of Travel
Relocation for this position is Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Director, Tax Administration & Compliance
Job ID: 660491
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time