Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Projects Drafter in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our approximately 18,700 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball's largest business is the manufacture of recyclable beverage cans and ends. A lot of engineering and technology goes into making beverage packaging at speeds of more than 2,000 cans a minute. We operate beverage can facilities in the Americas, Europe and Asia - about one in every four beverage cans in the world is made by Ball - and our products are used by the most recognizable beverage brands in the world.
Ball is a Lean/SixSigma environment – exposure to these tools and methods is preferred.
Primary Purpose of Position :
Provides technical support for the project engineering function as directed.
- Drafts assembly and detail drawings for electrical, mechanical and facilities requirements, using drawings and information provided by others.
- Work is initiated and supervised by others.
- Develops and maintains a high level of expertise, accuracy and efficiency in using Ball's standard CAD and engineering document management computer software.
- Participates in preparing bills of materials and parts lists.
- Investigates and maintains familiarity with geometric form tolerancing, good drafting practices and the metric system, specifically System International (SI).
- Provides assistance in locating and providing drawings, specifications, and other technical documentation to departments, plants, licensees, customers, and suppliers.
- Provides assistance to the engineering groups in preparing as built drawings from the BPNCA plants.
- Provides assistance to other departments and plants in preparing drawings as needed.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 2 years minimum
- Must be skilled at using computer aided drafting programs (CAD), specifically AutoCAD.
Relocation for this position is Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Projects Drafter
Job ID: 661708
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time