Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Strategic & Busniess Analyses Manager in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our approximately 18,700 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball's largest business is the manufacture of recyclable beverage cans and ends. A lot of engineering and technology goes into making beverage packaging at speeds of more than 2,000 cans a minute. We operate beverage can facilities in the Americas, Europe and Asia - about one in every four beverage cans in the world is made by Ball - and our products are used by the most recognizable beverage brands in the world.
Ball is a Lean/SixSigma environment – exposure to these tools and methods is preferred.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing and implementing BPNCA strategic planning and analysis processes.
- Facilitates and communicates division goals, metrics, and tracking/reporting progress on a regular cadence.
- Facilitates annual strategic plan process by managing timeline, compiling cross-functional inputs, and ensuring buy-in.
- Ensures that sales team and senior management are aligned on assumptions, risks, and opportunities in long-term demand forecasts.
- Runs process to estimate market size and market share using marketing team insights, historical market trends, and sales team forecasts.
- Advises commercial team on market trends to drive improvements in forecasting and to advance customer partnerships.
- Monitors competitor actions, competitive environment, and company performance to generate actionable insights and provide strategic recommendations.
- Develops, evaluates, and presents strategic, operational, and financial analyses for current and new business initiatives on a cross-functional basis.
- Conducts and reviews business studies for solving a variety of business problems and advises BPNCA management on courses of action.
- Drives and oversees the business case development/EVA analysis, feasibility, price modeling to provide new capability recommendations to senior management.
- Manages ongoing business relationships with data vendors, consultants and selected partners.
- Leads and develops direct report(s).
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through a bachelor’s degree in business.
- MBA preferred
- Job related experience with a Fortune 500 company for 2 years minimum
- Working knowledge of the following areas: corporate strategy, business development, merger, acquisition and integration, finance, accounting, Economic Value Added (EVA), business and economic principles and practices, financial modeling, Microsoft Word and Excel, JDE Enterprise One and other applicable software applications.
- Ability to speak before others.
- Ability to make detailed presentations of financial analysis on projects and a variety of business problems to top management.
- Must be able to organize, plan, and prioritize.
- Ability to meet deadlines, concentrates, and pays attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and make recommendations.
- Requires originality and judgment.
Relocation for this position is Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Strategic & Busniess Analyses Manager
Job ID: 661727
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time