Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist – Intelligence Community (661356) in Columbia, Maryland
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist – Intelligence Community
Primarily responsible for sourcing candidates through various methods to fill the Ball Wavefront pipeline with qualified candidates. Provide full life cycle recruiter support with posting jobs, interviewing and working employment offers.
What you'll do:
- Provide technical recruiting assistance to the Talent Acquisition Department with responsibility for exempt and non-exempt personnel requirements. Requirements include jobs in a variety of disciplines.
- Effectively interface with Ball Aerospace management and employees; communicate and interpret established policies, procedures, practices, programs and laws.
- Partner with hiring managers to define job requirements, source qualified candidates, and fill staffing requirements in a timely manner.
- Utilize a variety of sourcing strategies to pipeline a diverse pool of candidates for each job opportunity, including a variety of electronic media and social networking.
- Represent Ball at local and national career fairs including college, military, diversity and clearance events.
- Effectively utilize the hiring processes, understand behavioral-based interviewing, ensuring appropriate audit trail.
- Provide back-up support to the full life cycle recruiter with posting jobs, interviewing and working employment offers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- BS/BA degree in a related field, plus 8 or more years of technical recruiting experience.
- Recruiting experience in the Intelligence communities, sourcing and hiring cleared individuals for positions including, but not limited to, intelligence analysts, software engineers, systems engineers, computer scientists, system administrators and software test engineers is required.
- Strong sourcing skills needed to develop a broad, diverse pool of qualified candidates for a variety of positions.
- Prior recruiting experience within an aerospace or defense organization.
- Ability to perform with aggressive deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- A sense of urgency to fill the positions with qualified candidates.
- Knowledge of all applicable laws, regulations and procedures.
- Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality.
- Business acumen and quality decision making.
- Good computer skills and experience utilizing a resume database.
- Detail oriented with the ability to document processes and develop checklists of processes.
- Ability to travel is required.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel to other possible Ball and non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist – Intelligence Community (661356)
Job ID: 661356
Location: MD - Columbia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time