Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Line Mechanic in Dandridge, Tennessee
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our approximately 18,700 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball is one of the world's largest manufacturers of food cans, aerosol cans, paint & general line cans, and specialty metal tins. Fruits, vegetables, soup, meat, beverages, or pet food - we make a metal can that protects products and displays them beautifully. Ball is North America's largest producer of 3-piece steel aerosol cans, Europe's leading supplier of extruded aluminum aerosol cans and the world's largest producer of aluminum slugs (disks that are later extruded into cans and bottles).
Ball is a Lean/SixSigma environment – exposure to these tools and methods is preferred.
Located in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, Ball Corporation’s Chestnut Hill plant produces three-piece steel food and aerosol cans. The plant’s 143 employees produce more than 1 billion, 100 percent recyclable steel cans annually on eight food lines and one aerosol line. The plant is a modern, up-to-date facility with extremely low turnover and a highly engaged workforce. In 2013, employees achieved nine years without a lost-time accident and received the Tennessee Governor’s Award of Excellence for Workplace Safety.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies, and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
- Performs various manual or mechanical production functions by operating, adjusting, and repairing the production equipment to meet customer specifications.
- Disassembles, overhauls, and rebuilds production equipment.
- Performs troubleshooting on production equipment as required.
- Performs preventative maintenance on production equipment as required.
- Performs on-the-job training and development of assigned personnel.
- Conducts inspection of in-process materials and in-process and finished products.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies, materials, parts, and tooling required for assigned area.
- Relieves adjusters and other mechanics for breaks as needed.
- Jointly responsible for all required operating data such as production figures, machine performance, line efficiency, maintenance requirements, and scrap.
- Performs record keeping duties as required under the direction of management.
- Accesses, inputs and retrieves information from the computer.
- Communicates pertinent information to next shift.
- Supplies and maintains required hand tools.
- Performs clean-up, painting and housekeeping duties
- Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Required to work assigned schedule or 12-hour shifts, rotating days and nights, Monday through Sunday, working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start and end times of work.
- Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to work independently within parameters set by management.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education or equivalent.
- Job related experience for 3 years minimum.
- Ability to identify product defects.
- Ability to effectively train personnel.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Possesses an interest in and an aptitude for mechanics.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Works in a manufacturing environment.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Line Mechanic
Job ID: 661686
Location: TN - Dandridge
Full/Part Time: Full-Time