Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Systems Administrator (661006) in Dayton, Ohio
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
What you’ll do:
- Research and provide recommendations for computing technologies.
- Participate in developing and documenting the policies and procedures for consistent infrastructure management, methodologies, and standards.
- Administer the strategy for the operations and support of the IT infrastructure (computers, networks, local equipment).
- Coordinate physical environment usage and planning across geographies (data centers, labs, field offices).
- Administer customer owned servers and equipment on multiple networks at varying security classifications.
- Help forecast capacity of systems and services.
- Provide input into how costs are measured, tracked, and reported.
- Detail design of hardware and software infrastructure to meet architecture, project development and QOS requirements.
- Administer the server hardware and OS build standards including server builds, server images, and software (applications & tools) installations.
- Enforce security policies for protecting data and shared network resources including files, folders and printers.
- Set and review the configuration of security access privileges.
- Document and configure systems.
- Conduct regular preventative maintenance (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Troubleshoot and triage of complex problems to avoid extended costly down time and service outages.
- Root cause analysis utilizing analytical problem solving to provide long term problem resolution.
- Administer the account and system setup controls.
- Administration of the information technology continuity and availability systems.
- Administer the directory service operations, the capacity of systems and services, and the intranet and extranet hosting service operations.
- Create and manage user accounts and permissions.
- Monitor availability of infrastructure services.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department and with other contractors and government customers. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Experience with heterogeneous networks (Windows and Unix).
- Storage management experience.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Systems Administrator (661006)
Job ID: 661006
Location: OH - Dayton (Fairborn)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time