Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Storeroom Clerk in Goodyear, Arizona
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our approximately 18,700 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball's largest business is the manufacture of recyclable beverage cans and ends. A lot of engineering and technology goes into making beverage packaging at speeds of more than 2,000 cans a minute. We operate beverage can facilities in the Americas, Europe and Asia - about one in every four beverage cans in the world is made by Ball - and our products are used by the most recognizable beverage brands in the world.
Ball is a Lean/SixSigma environment – exposure to these tools and methods is preferred.
This is for our new, state-of-the-art beverage packaging plant in
Primary Purpose of Position:
Provides administrative support to the planning and logistics function as directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work environment.
- Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
- Enters customer orders and change orders for finished goods to the ERP system.
- Tenders customer orders and change orders to carriers as required.
- Monitors shipping schedule for past due shipments, notifying appropriate individuals as required.
- Assists in the store room with processing material receipts and inventory as requested.
- Assists with processing miscellaneous inbound receipts to the plant.
- Participates in physical inventories as requested by management.
- Originates and distributes various reports in area of responsibility under the direction of management.
- Handles phone inquiries concerning respective area.
- Originates records, files and reconciles information pertaining to respective area under the direction of management.
- Operates data processing and word processing equipment, reports computer system problems, and performs computer functions for area of concern.
- Frequently interacts with plant personnel, by phone and in person, to resolve concerns and answer questions.
- May perform receptionist duties, which may include switchboard, purchasing clerical support, mail distribution and filing.
- Maintains good housekeeping in the storeroom and related loading dock areas.
- Performs general housekeeping for respective area.
- Expedites all open orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually five days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday); working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start and end times of work.
- Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
- Performs duties without posing a direct threat to anyone or to property. Direct threat is defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Works under general supervision.
- Communication. Ability to communicate effectively, write effectively, read, comprehend, and follow complicated verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to meet the knowledge, skills, abilities, physical requirements, and working conditions set forth in this position description and on the attached Physical Demands Assessment.
- Maintains awareness and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- Communicates with the emergency coordinator (EC) or Environmental Focal Point/Environmental Manager (EFP/EM) regarding environmental management activities.
- Understands and responds effectively to EC directions during emergencies by being familiar with emergency procedures, equipment, and systems, as necessary. Implements contingency plan to the level required by the position.
- Understands, completes, and maintains environmental documentation for which the individual is trained, or as directed by the EC, EFP, or EM (i.e., inspections, labeling, record keeping, maintenance of equipment, etc.). Reports to the EC, EFP, or EM on the status of assigned responsibilities.
- Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation, through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation as directed during training or by the EC, EFP/EM. Understands and practices proper accumulation and storage requirements for wastes.
- Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing, or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education or equivalent.
- Job related experience for 2 years minimum.
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- Clerical support functions to include typing, filing, data processing, accounting, purchasing, and switchboard operations.
- Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of the standards for their area of responsibility.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Storeroom Clerk
Job ID: 661474
Location: AZ - Goodyear
Full/Part Time: Full-Time