Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Plant Warehouse Supervisor in Horsham, Pennsylvania
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high-quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our approximately 18,700 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball Corporation is headquartered at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Broomfield, Colo., where skiing, mountain biking, hiking, climbing and other outdoor sports are world-renowned. Around the world, we have operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
The Horsham plant is located north of Philadelphia, conveniently just a few miles off the Pennsylvania turnpike. The plant runs 16 lines to manufacture 100 percent recyclable steel aerosol cans for personal care, household, paint and automotive products.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
- Supervises and coordinates the employees and activities of the plant warehouse function (and local outside warehouse, if applicable) as directed.
- Maintains direct support to all departments in the plant via material handling.
- Facilitates the transportation of inbound and outbound shipments of products and materials.
- Reviews completed drayage tickets and bills of lading for completeness and accuracy prior to distribution.
- Facilitates shipments of finished product and scrap.
- Maintains and reports inventory status of finished goods and packaging materials.
- Assists the group sales function in forecast comparisons and with customer inquires and activities, and maintains and seeks resolution of customer complaints.
- Coordinates customer releases and orders with outside warehouse and other plants within the group and assists in procuring transportation for customer and warehouse of finished products.
- May enter sales orders into the MFG PRO system.
- Ensures that all company property is properly maintained.
- Facilitates training for subordinates.
- Assesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- Maintains good housekeeping in the warehouses and related areas.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through an accredited college
- Job related experience for 2 year(s) minimum
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Plant Warehouse Supervisor
Job ID: 661634
Location: PA - Horsham
Full/Part Time: Full-Time