Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Accountant II-Travel Accounting (661693) in Lafayette, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Accountant II – Travel Accounting
Analysis and accounting for all travel related transactions including airfare charges and employee travel advances in a high-volume environment.
What You´ll Do:
- Utilize electronic expense reporting tool for maintaining/upgrading system and answering employee inquiries.
- Train employees and accounting staff on all facets of expense report system.
- Audit expense reports for proper documentation and compliance with company policy.
- Month end general ledger reconciliation of various accounts including but not limited to travel receivables, employee cash advances and property taxes.
- Create queries and reports utilizing business intelligence report writer software.
- Prepare year end reports for federal, state, and local taxes and SEC 10k financial reporting.
- Provide support during internal/external audits of travel.
- Assist Accounting Manager with other duties and general accounting functions, as assigned.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You´ll Need:
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or a related field plus 2 or more years of related experience is required.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to learn new systems and processes quickly and manage system processes.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- A good working knowledge of accounting systems, plus reporting tools.
- Willingness to work hours demanded during month end and year end cycles, with the appropriate sense of urgency.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent accounting skills for reconciliations, accruals and daily data analyses with a strong competence in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Must be attentive to department’s needs, have follow-through, be a self-starter and detail-oriented.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Accountant II-Travel Accounting (661693)
Job ID: 661693
Location: CO – Lafayette
Full/Part Time: Full-Time