Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Non-Production Environments Service Owner (661114) in Lafayette, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Senior System Administrator – Non-Production Environments
This position will lead implementation and organizational change efforts to bring DevOps thinking, tools, processes, and expertise to bear on how we create, operate, and teardown non-production environments such as development and test environments.
What You’ll Do:
- Use your influence to increase communication with, coordinate and align the efforts of multiple stakeholders that include Network, Storage, Sys Admins, DB Admins, Software Development, Quality Assurance, and Security.
- Drive processes, tools, and automations that will increase service stability in across all environments, reduce errors in production releases, and significantly shorten the time between a requested change to that change being ready to deploy to production.
- Own and provide the service that delivers Non-Production Environments to the ITS department and internal customers to support their needs to develop new solutions, experiment with new technologies, troubleshoot production issues, and verify the quality of releases prior to production deployment.
- Use ITS technical experience to provide technical leadership and mentoring to the ITS team. This includes having experience with and an understanding of virtualization technologies, IT infrastructure provisioning automation, automated unit testing, build and deploy automation, and automated functional and regression testing.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Directors and Managers in our internal customer organizations to assure that ITS priorities, resources, and plans are aligned with the needs of those customers
- Analyze the current state and plan for future state of our Non-Production Environments, and Collaborate with our IT Architecture team to develop roadmaps, plans and strategies.
- Assure that significant progress along the roadmaps is accomplished by employing collaboration, influence, sound decision making, drive, and prioritization skills to align diverse ITS teams.
- Actively participate as a member of the Enterprise Applications and Development team and the larger ITS extended leadership team to plan for and develop strategy, policies, and systems that impact the company as a whole.
- Tasked by Director and other ITS senior leaders to lead or assist in improving ITS systems and processes to exceed our internal customer’s expectations, drive efficiency, reduce waste and errors, and aid us in our goals to become more automated.
- Ensure that all business is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations as well as company policies and directives.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Three or more years of hands on experience in building processes for, designing, configuring, and delivering automated environments with tools like VMWare, Chef, Puppet, or similar is desired.
- Experience in hybrid cloud integrations.
- Experience in deploying Active Directory integrations for on premise multi-environment solutions.
- Experience with the following systems and applications is preferred. VMWare (NSX, vSphere, vRealize Operations, vRealize Automation), Microsoft (TFS, Server, SQL, Powershell), Micro Focus Silk Test, ServiceNow, Dell Compellent.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Non-Production Environments Service Owner (661114)
Job ID: 661114
Location: CO – Lafayette
Full/Part Time: Full-Time