Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Plant Maintenance Supervisor in Verona, Virginia
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high-quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our approximately 18,700 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball Corporation is headquartered at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Broomfield, Colo., where skiing, mountain biking, hiking, climbing and other outdoor sports are world-renowned. Around the world, we have operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
Ball Advanced Aluminum Technology’s Verona plant is an aluminum foundry and stamping plant. We have 77 employees who process 100 percent infinitely recyclable aluminum ingot into slugs for impact extruded packaging customers (aerosol and beverage containers principally). The plant is located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley, surrounded by the Blue Ridge and Allegheny Mountains.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Supervises the preventative maintenance function for our slug manufacturing production equipment as directed.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
- Supervises and coordinates the employees and activities of the department/production function to ensure safety, quality, productivity, and housekeeping standards are met or exceeded.
- Coordinates and applies preventative/productive/corrective maintenance techniques toward monitoring and reducing maintenance and repair costs.
- Facilitates the on-the-job training and development of subordinates’ skills to ensure a continued high level of production and morale.
- Facilitates communications and dissemination of information between crew operations.
- Maintains production, spoilage, machine, and maintenance records.
- Responsible for monitoring machine parts and supplies for production equipment as needed to maintain their good working order.
- Evaluates products and machinery to ensure compliance with established quality and maintenance standards.
- Furnishes preventative maintenance plans, work orders, schedules, results, and any revisions to the maintenance standards.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through an accredited college
- Job related experience for 2 years minimum
Relocation for this position IS available.
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Plant Maintenance Supervisor
Job ID: 661630
Location: VA - Verona
Full/Part Time: Full-Time